Washburn launches new website

Jalisa Loving

After ten months of hard work from the BarkleyREI Company and dedicated Washburn committees, Washburn University has launched a newly updated website, on Washburn.edu.

Forty plus members of faculty, staff, parents and Washburn alumni attended the open house for the official launch of the new Washburn website at the Bradbury Thompson Center on Monday, May 21, 2012.

Client Services Director from BarkleyREI, Chris Cox was the primary day to day contact for the website during its ten month process. During the open house he gave a mini tutorial for the website.

The launching included stations allowing attendees to explore the website a little deeper. The stations included short tutorials for an online Virtual Tour, Website Tools, Website 101 and Washburn Q & A; each station included lab tops for the open public to dive in and get hands on experience with the new website.

“This website was about getting the right content to the right person at the right time,” said Chris Cox.

The new website provides new and improved navigation, it is appealing, it has content that can better serve old students, prospective students, transfers, parents and just about anyone who is curious about Washburn.

Its home page has marketing tools that make it easier for individuals to maneuver their way through the site. It has an Audience Navigation tool bar which is geared toward anyone who visits the site and a Permanent Navigation tool bar for prospective students.

“The goal is to reach all of our constituents, students and alumni,” said Jerry Farley, Washburn president.   “This website will change how Washburn does business, anyone can come to the website and explore.

The new website offers much more to the public and its presence exemplifies the type of reputation that Washburn has as an academic university.