Show WU your colors

Students may encounter a navy blue and white filled campus on Aug. 31 in light of College Colors Day.

Started by a national interest in 2005, College Colors Day has spread to campuses all throughout the nation as it allows students to show their school pride all day long. Colleges often put on various events to accompany the recognition.

At Washburn, students and faculty participate in a prize patrol. The prize patrol consists of a group of staff members who patrol the premise of campus giving out spontaneous prizes to those students they see sporting their school colors.

Prizes include gift cards, iCard center coupons, Bod Bucks, Washburn watches, cups and more.

For students who do not already have a Washburn color t-shirt, the Ichabod Shop will be selling College Color Day t-shirts at their sidewalk sale at the Scorch the Porch event on Thursday.

To go along with this event, the Ichabod Shop and Russell Athletics will also be having a 50 percent discount available on Russell Athletics items through Aug. 31.

In order to get the discount, students should go into the Ichabod Shop, scan the Russell Athletics, College Colors Day sign with their smart phones and follow the directions on their device.

Staff members who help with this event include Deena Anson, director of university relations, Adrianne Johnson, merchandise manager, Krysta Gaiser, marketing director and Janel Rutherford, assistant director of business services.

To learn more about College Colors Day go to collegecolorsday.com.