Airbods heightens frequency of shows

Kara Protasio Washburn Review

AirBods Radio is Washburn University’s online radio station that entertains and informs its audience through innovative and consistent programming. 

This station, which debuted in the fall of 2011, broadcasts one hour radio shows. Washburn students produce news, sports and entertainment shows. AirBods Radio serves the Topeka community by promoting Washburn University services, events and activities. 

Airbods also works cooperatively with other campus groups and organizations to promote and support an exciting collegiate experience for students. Some of the current radio show topics include sports, video games, Washburn activities/national news, random talk and more.

This semester’s weekly show line ups consist of seven shows and many hosts. Kicking off the week at 4 p.m. on Monday, the first show is “Reverse the Polarity,” which discusses with the subjects of nerdy movies, books, TV shows, comic books and more.

“It is basically current news and opinions regarding all the latest nerdy material,” said Colton Goeffert, radio host of “Reverse the Polarity.”

Following “Reverse the Polarity,” is  “The News Bucket” featuring underground news stories from around the world. Then on Tuesday, two shows are lined up beginning at 1 p.m.  The first show is “Allegro Technologies,” which will cover the technology gadgets and projects people are working on.

“True Blue Game Reviews” is the second show starting at 2 p.m. Tuesdays, it provides honest reviews and updates of the recently released video games and video consoles. “Aimless Airbods” premieres at 3 p.m. Wednesdays, a show  that discusses random topics and touches on events happening around campus. 

Thursdays at 1 p.m.,  Airbods presents “Bow Tie Sports Talk” This show focuses on Washburn sports as well as other sports teams. Last but not least, “Deja WU” discusses campus activities and popular news stories at 6 p.m. every Friday. 

“It’s really neat to be the pioneers of this campus radio program,” said Andrew Escandon, radio host of “Deja WU.” 

Airbods is now hiring paid radio hosts for one hour radio shows. Radio shows are open to any appropriate topic and anyone is welcome. To apply go to studentmediarocks.wordpress.com/air-bods-radio/.

Airbods radio is providing new shows this semester. Every show is revamped and looking to get a bigger audience. To listen in on these shows, visit blogtalkradio.com/wuairbods.