Topeka Community Concert Association presents brass for first concert – free admission to students

TCCA offers free admission to Washburn students with valid I.D. this Sunday, September 29, 7:30 pm at White Concert Hall.

Brass is the theme as The Topeka Community Concert Association kicks off their 83rd season of concerts this Sunday, September 29, at 7:30 p.m.

The New York Brass Arts Trio will be the first of the five 2013-2014 concert series to perform at White Concert Hall this year.

Gary Johnson, TCCA organization president said, “This is a season you won’t want to miss! We’re especially happy that the New York Brass Arts Trio will open the series with their dazzling, high-flying virtuosity.”

The New York Brass Arts Trio consists of three talented world-class virtuoso soloists of brass who have come together to present music in a new way. Trumpeter Joe Burgstaller, french hornist David Jolley and trombonist Haim Avitsur have merged Classical and Jazz masterworks from all eras, producing a versatile instrumentation expected to please all ages.

Johnson through an agreement with the university, extends an invitation for all Washburn students to attend free of charge.

Admission is free to all Washburn students who bring a their student I.D. Those attending without membership may purchase single tickets for $35.

“And anyone who adopts a pet can attend the concert free of charge,” Johnson said.

Topeka Community Concert Association supports the mission of the Helping Hands Society and wants to thank those in the community who rescue an animal in need by providing a free ticket voucher for one concert of choice in the 2013-2014 Series. The offer is good until April 14, 2014 and available while supplies last.

The Monday following the concert, September 30, The New York Brass Arts Trio will be conducting a Master class in the choral room at Washburn University from 9-10 a.m.

Johnson said that music teachers and students, especially those of brass, may be most interested in attending the class, but all students and faculty are welcome to attend.

For more information call 785-357-8702 or visit the association website: www.topekaCCA.org  

For more information about adopting a pet please contact the Helping Hands Humane Society: http://www.hhhstopeka.org