Topeka Community Concert Association presents Yang & Olivia Liu for final concert

Husband and wife duo Yang and Olivia Liu will perform the violin and piano at White Concert Hall on the Washburn campus Tuesday, April 14, at 7:30 p.m. Students are free with their Washburn I.D.

Staff

Live On Stage, Inc. and the Topeka Community Concert Association announce acclaimed husband and wife instrumentalists for the final concert of their 2013-2014 concert season. Yang and Olivia Liu will perform on April 15, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. at the White Concert Hall on the campus of Washburn University. Single concert tickets for this event are $35. Washburn University students are admitted free with valid ID.

According to Hainan Music this event is  “an unforgettable evening of storytelling by a violin and a piano…”

Violinist Yang Liu is an internationally acclaimed soloist and Tchaikovsky Competition winner (Moscow); Olivia Liu, an award-winning concert pianist and scholar. Yang met the future Mrs. Liu as her page-turner.

The husband and wife duo now perform concerts together internationally in prestigious music venues, including the Ravinia Festival (Chicago), Kennedy Center (Washington D.C.), Oficina Music Festival (Brazil), Algarve Music Festival (Portugal) and throughout China.  In addition to performing Mr. Liu holds a post at Roosevelt University College of Performing Arts, and Ms. Liu at Vander Cook College.

Yang and Olivia Liu have appeared together internationally, in the United States, and through their homeland in China.  They believe that sharing music is sharing life. What they want to communicate most with their performances on piano and violin is their message of faith, love, and joy.

This is the final concert for the 2013-214 83rd season of the Topeka Community Concert Association. However, tickets for the 2014-2015 series are now available. The association is offering an “early-bird” special of $71 for the five-concert lineup through May 31, 2014; $75 beginning June 1, 2014.  Ticket packages for seniors and families are also available.  Once again, Washburn students are admitted free with valid i.d.

Topeka Community Concert Association supports the mission of the Helping Hands Society and offered those in the community who rescued an animal in need by providing a free ticket voucher for a concert of choice in the 2013-2014 Series. To find out more about this offer or about the concert event call Gary Johnson at 785-267-7913 or visit the association website at www.topekacca.org.