WU announcement June 3

Staff

BOD TALK
Tip of the week: Student Health Services is providing free Gardasil vaccinations to all Ichabods ages 19-26 without health insurance. This shot, which protects you from genital warts and HPV, typically costs $100 or more. No appointment is necessary. The Gardasil shots only will be available until July.
Wednesday, June 4
Summer camp continues for middle school students at Washburn Tech
Sunflower Girls State is on campus through Friday. Help welcome the girls from across Kansas as they learn about government and themselves.
Yoga on the Lawn, taught by Mimi Smith and brought to you by the SRWC, begins at 12:10 in the grassy area near Carole Chapel. Yoga also is offered at the SRWC on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:10 to 12:45.
Catch the three social-change related exhibits at the Mulvane Art Museum before they leave. You’ve got until Saturday to see them and be inspired.
Thursday, June 5
Sunflower Girls State is on campus through Friday.
Today is the last day to change the grade status of a full session summer class (A/Pass/Fail or audit). Changes can be made through MyWashburn.
Today is the last day to enroll in a full session summer course.
Friday, June 6
Sunflower Girls State, it was great to have you on campus again this year!
Sunflower Music Festival opens tonight at 7:30 p.m. at White Concert Hall with Grammy winning oboist Alex Klein. The free concert series continues each evening through June 14. Learn more at http://www.sunflowermusicfestival.org and follow the Festival on Facebook, Twitter and SoundCloud.
Saturday, June 7
Don’t miss the Mulvane Art Fair this weekend, beginning at 10 a.m. today.
Sunflower Music Festival continues tonight with a free chamber ensemble concert tonight, 7:30 p.m. at White Concert Hall.
Sunday, June 8
The Mulvane Art Fair continues today from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Don’t miss the Sunflower Music Festival’s free concert tonight, 7:30 p.m. at White Concert Hall. Tonight’s performance features the world renowned Atrium Quartet from Russia.
Monday, June 9
Another session of summer camp begins today at Washburn Tech.
Today is the deadline to register for the Topeka Community Conversation on Poverty. Organized by the Learning in the Community VISTA program, the conversation will be a day-long “unconfernece,” with participants setting the agenda. Learn more and register at http://www.washburn.edu/tccop.
Join Kansas Public Radio tonight at 7:30 p.m. at White Concert Hall as Sunflower Music Festival presents the Sean Jones Jazz Quartet. The concert series is completely free and open to the public.
Tuesday, June 10
Welcome the newest Ichabods, who are here for New Student Orientation today from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Don’t miss the Sunflower Music Festival’s free concert tonight, 7:30 p.m. at White Concert Hall. Tonight’s performance features several chamber ensambles.
Wednesday, June 11
The inaugural Topeka Community Conversation on Poverty runs from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. today in the Memorial Union. Can’t be there? Follow @WUBodTalk on Twitter for live updates and join the conversation with #TCCOP.
Sunflower Music Festival free concert series continues tonight. Don’t miss it! 7:30 p.m., White Concert Hall. Tonight’s performance features the orchestra.
Thursday, June 12
Don’t miss the Sunflower Music Festival’s free concert tonight, 7:30 p.m. at White Concert Hall. Tonight’s performance features the Blanche Bryden Collegiate Institute performers, including a Brazilian string quartet.
Friday, June 13
Join the Washburn Alumni Association tonight from 5-7 p.m. for the monthly After Hours social. Dues paid members of the association are admitted free. The cost to others is $5.
Sunflower Music Festival free concert series continues tonight. Don’t miss it! 7:30 p.m., White Concert Hall. Tonight’s performance features several chamber ensambles.
Saturday, June 14
Today is the final day of the 28th annual Sunflower Music Festival. Enjoy free concerts today at 3 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. at White Concert Hall. First up will be the Blanche Bryden Institute high school musicians at 3 p.m., followed by the professional orchestra in its final performance at 7:30 p.m.
Monday, June 16
The final session of summer camp for middle school students begins today at Washburn Tech.
Tuesday, June 17
Today is the last day to change the grade status of an early session summer class (A/Pass/Fail or audit). Changes can be made through MyWashburn.
Today is the last day to withdraw from an early session summer course.
Wednesday, June 18
Thursday, June 19
Friday, June 20
The Washburn Department of Theatre presents “Waiting for Godot” by Samuel Beckett at 7:30 p.m. in the theatre. An iCard will get you in free. General admission tickets are $8. The show will reprise in the fall.
Thursday, June 26
Today is the final day of early session courses.
Friday, June 27
Monday, June 30
Late session courses begin.
Tuesday, July 1
Faculty members must submit early session grades today.
Today is the last day to change the grade status of a late session summer class (A/Pass/Fail or audit). Changes can be made through MyWashburn.
Today is the last day to enroll in a late session summer course without the instructor’s permission.
Today is the last day to withdraw from a full session summer course.
Wednesday, July 2
Thursday, July 3
Last day to enroll in a late session summer course without a late fee.
Friday, July 4 – Independence Day
Washburn University offices are closed today in observance of Independence Day.
Monday, July 7
Last day to enroll in a late session summer course.
Wednesday, July 9
Washburn Tech hosts new student orientation from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Participants will receive their iCards, be able to pre-order textbooks and learn the ropes of their program of choice at Tech. Welcome to the Ichabod family!
Thursday, July 10
Another new student orientation is being offered today at Washburn Tech from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Participants will receive their iCards, be able to pre-order textbooks and learn the ropes of their program of choice at Tech. Welcome to the Ichabod family!
Friday, July 11
Thursday, July 17
Full session summer courses end today.
Washburn Tech hosts a showcase day. Come explore all of the opportunities at Tech, available from 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m. today. Begin at Building A.
Monday, July 21
Last day to withdraw from a late session summer course.
Tuesday, July 22
Faculty must submit grades for full session courses today.
Thursday, July 31
Late session summer courses end today.
Monday, Aug. 4
An intensive course design symposium for faculty members begins today and continues through Wednesday. Contact The Center for Teaching Excellence and Learning, C-TEL, at 785.670.2546, for more information. Each day the program runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Wednesday, Aug. 6
Thursday, Aug. 7
Washburn Tech is hosting a Meet the Instructors event today.
Faculty: Interested in teaching more with the latest technology? Plan to attend the C-TEL-sponsored Teaching Technologies Symposium from noon to 4:30 p.m. today. Contact The Center for Teaching Excellence and Learning, C-TEL, at 785.670.2546, for more information. Each day the program runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 8
Tuesday, Aug. 12
Staff Council meets at 3 p.m. in the Lincoln Room, upper level, Memorial Union.
Connect with us!
Bod Talk typically is sent weekly to all students, faculty and staff at Washburn University. Check out the Bod Talk on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google+ and stay current on campus. #GoBods!
Got suggestions or an event you would like to see on the next Bod Talk? If it relates to a campus organization or other university business, let us know. Have a great week!